Support for hebrew input broken

Added by Jonathan M over 9 years ago

Hi

I've been playing around with Redmine for while now and I am really finding it useful.

Just last week I upgraded to version 1.1.2 and stated a production environment. I have just now noticed that I seem to have lost or did not have support to input Hebrew text. GUI is in Hebrew and working fine. It's only input in Hebrew that turns into question marks once I submit the page. The big question I kicking myself over is I'm not sure if I broke the Hebrew support or if it was broken from the beginning

Here are some facts about my environment

  • I'm running Turnkey Linux (not sure of the version)
  • Turnkey Linux came pre-installed with version 0.8 of Redmine. I upgraded to version 1.1.2
  • when I access the DB I can already see there that the Hebrew input has been damaged and is just question-marks
  • I have checked MySQL variables and have made sure that they are all running UTF-8
  • I have also checked the latest version of Turnkey and it works fine. This version of turnkey runs Redmine 1.0.1

If anyone here that could point me in the right direction that would be very helpful. I know that I have the option of moving my DB and content to the newer Turnkey system but I was hoping to leave that as a last resort.

Thanks
Jonxm05

Redamine is really a great product