XLS export plugin
Up to date plugin page¶
XLS export plugin¶
With the help of this plugin you can export issues list with all information to XLS file. Also it is possible to export issues with attachments as a ZIP archive.
Plugin requires Redmine version 1.3.0 or higher.
Plugin relies on spreadsheet gem for XLS based operations. Please install this gem before running plugin. Also if you want to use attachments export you should install rubyzip gem.
- Export active or all columns
- Export issue descriptions
- Export journal entries - both inline or as separate file per each issue
- Export relations information
- Export spent time data
- List attachments information
- Export attachments
- Export watchers
- Split information by sheets based on grouping criteria
- Correct formatting and width of worksheet cells
Plugin adds following links with 'XLS export:' prefix at the bottom of the page under 'Also available in' bar:
One click export to XLS using default export settings from plugin configuration screen
Brings up dialog where user can choose export options before export
Installation and Setup¶
- Install spreadsheet gem ('gem install spreadsheet')
- Install rubyzip gem if you want to use export attachments feature
- Install plugin Plugin views with revisions if you do not have it installed
- Follow the Redmine plugin installation steps at: http://www.redmine.org/wiki/redmine/Plugins
- Run rake task
rake redmine:plugins:process_version_change RAILS_ENV=production
- Login and configure the plugin (Administration > Plugins > Configure)
redmine_xls_export_v003.zip (17.9 KB)
RE: XLS export plugin - Added by Tatsuya Saito about 6 years ago
Dario Laera wrote:
I'm an happy user of your plugin, but I was wondering if it's possible to schedule an automatic export of an xls. In other words, I need to generate weekly an xls with the issues of some projects. Do you think it's feaseble within redmine using your plugin?
I'm not sure how to do it with Redmine XLS Export.
But another plugin, Redmine XLSX format issue exporter , has REST API.
You can export issues list which is XLSX format using GET request like following url:
See [Solved] Export by command line
So I think you can export issues list using other scheduler like Jenkins, cron, etc.
I hope this will help.