Custom fields - bulk edit - adding new values or selctions overwrites existing values or selections
During backlog grooming I need to add new value of a custom field to a number of issues.
The problem is that existing values in a custom field are overwritten if I add a new value by using bulk edit.
That effectively makes bulk edit useless on lists with multiple selections or values.
Steps to reproduce:
- Click checkmarks of a number issues, with multiple values in a custom field, for bulk edit
- Right-click the checkbox of a random issue among the issues marked for bulk edit
- Click edit
- Click the custom field value to be added across the selected issues
- Click submit
- Observe that only the newly selected value in the custom field is displayed as all earlier selected values have been overwritten
Bulk edit should:
- add new values without overwriting exisiting values
- make it possible to clear existing values on fields with multiple values/selections