Upload of bigger files fails iff version is defined
Upload of a bigger file (12 MB) fails, iff a version is defined in the project
- smaller files seem to work always
- bigger files work only, iff no version is defined in the project
- if a version is defined, a segfault in
app/models/attachment.rbhappens, no matter if it is assigned to a version or not
- after deleting all the versions of the project, the upload of a big file is again possible without any problems
error.log of apache when the upload fails:
/redmine/app/models/attachment.rb:92: [BUG] Segmentation fault ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-08) [i686-linux] [Thu Apr 09 12:48:58 2009] [error] [client 10.200.0.112] Premature end of script headers: new, referer: https://host/projects/test/files/new [ pid=12346 file=Hooks.cpp:510 time=2009-04-09 12:48:58.111 ]: Backend process 12785 did not return a valid HTTP response. It returned no data.System configuration:
- Apache 2.2.9 on Ubuntu
- ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-08 patchlevel 286) [i686-linux] (Ruby Enterprise Edition 1.8.6-20090201)
- Phusion Passenger (mod_rails) 2.1.3
#2 Updated by Carsten Schurig over 12 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Jean-Philippe Lang wrote:
First, you can have a look at #2933.
I've seen it but the problem looked quite different because it worked always without a version defined. Further the error was always the same...
And r2670 fixes a memory consumption problem on file upload. Can you give a try?
r2670 seems to fix it by now as far as I have tested it. I tested it with the file I had originally problems with and additionaly with a 50MB file. It did work with a version defined and without a version defined.
Thanks a lot.