Defect #33936

BCC and email subaddress not working anymore

Added by Claudio Sakaguti about 1 year ago. Updated 3 months ago.

Status:NewStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:Email receiving
Target version:-
Resolution: Affected version:4.1.1

Description

Hello All!

Before, we used Redmine 3.4 and we could send emails with subaddress in BCC to open a new issue in the desired Project.
But after upgrading to version 4.1.1 this does not work anymore.
For example, before we could send an email with BCC: and the email would land on the Kitchen project.
But after upgrading to version 4.1.1, the BCC: will arrive at the default project "House".
If we send as To: or CC:, no problem.

Could you please help me?

Our system:
Environment:
Redmine version 4.1.1.stable
Ruby version 2.5.8-p224 (2020-03-31) [x86_64-linux]
Rails version 5.2.4.2
Environment production
Database adapter Mysql2
Mailer queue ActiveJob::QueueAdapters::AsyncAdapter
Mailer delivery smtp
SCM:
Subversion 1.14.0
Git 2.27.0
Filesystem
Redmine plugins:
additionals 2.0.25-master
redmine_checklists 3.1.16
redmine_ckeditor 1.2.3
redmine_custom_js 0.1.1
redmine_dashboard 2.7.1
redmine_issue_templates 1.0.4
redmine_lightbox2 0.5.1
redmine_revision_branches 0.3.2
redmine_theme_changer 0.4.0
redmineup_tags 2.0.8
sidebar_hide 0.0.8

History

#1 Updated by Claudio Sakaguti 3 months ago

Claudio Sakaguti wrote:

Hello All!

Before, we used Redmine 3.4 and we could send emails with subaddress in BCC to open a new issue in the desired Project.
But after upgrading to version 4.1.1 this does not work anymore.
For example, before we could send an email with BCC: and the email would land on the Kitchen project.
But after upgrading to version 4.1.1, the BCC: will arrive at the default project "House".
If we send as To: or CC:, no problem.

Could you please help me?

Our system:
Environment:
Redmine version 4.1.1.stable
Ruby version 2.5.8-p224 (2020-03-31) [x86_64-linux]
Rails version 5.2.4.2
Environment production
Database adapter Mysql2
Mailer queue ActiveJob::QueueAdapters::AsyncAdapter
Mailer delivery smtp
SCM:
Subversion 1.14.0
Git 2.27.0
Filesystem
Redmine plugins:
additionals 2.0.25-master
redmine_checklists 3.1.16
redmine_ckeditor 1.2.3
redmine_custom_js 0.1.1
redmine_dashboard 2.7.1
redmine_issue_templates 1.0.4
redmine_lightbox2 0.5.1
redmine_revision_branches 0.3.2
redmine_theme_changer 0.4.0
redmineup_tags 2.0.8
sidebar_hide 0.0.8

Found the solutions within our team.
The problem was the email system we where using, Zimbra.
Zimbra removes BCC from headers. Looks like BCC is used by Zimbra for other means.

Also available in: Atom PDF