Defect #3588

test email works, notifications do not

Added by Jim Keller about 12 years ago. Updated about 12 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:2009-07-05
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:Email notifications
Target version:-
Resolution:Invalid Affected version:

Description

Just upgraded from 0.8-stable to trunk revision 2806. email.yml appears to be correct (it is below), and test emails from the admin panel go through correctly. However, notifications seem to have stopped working (e.g. on issue add/issue update). I have confirmed that the notification settings are correct and have tried editing the watchlist to no avail. My environment info is below. The notifications were ok before the upgrade.

Redmine: r2806
Ruby: 1.8.7.72_1,1
Rails: 2.2.2
mySQL: 4.1.22
OS: FreeBSD 6

email.yml:

# Outgoing email settings

production:
  delivery_method: :smtp
  smtp_settings:
    address: smtp.mydomainishere.net
    port: 25
    domain: redmine.mydomainishere.net
    authentication: :none

development:
  delivery_method: :smtp
  smtp_settings:
    address: 127.0.0.1
    port: 25
    domain: example.net
    authentication: :login
    user_name: redmine@example.net
    password: redmine

History

#2 Updated by Jim Keller about 12 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

Thanks JP, that thread got me to the resolution (by editing the mail logging info and troubleshooting from there).

Looks like the following happened:

  • it looks like the new (0.8.4+) version of Redmine wants to use TLS by default, so in my email.yml, I was first getting openssl errors about the certificate not matching. So I changed 127.0.0.1 as the mailserver to smtp.mydomain.net
  • Redmine was now sending email from the full server address as opposed to 127.0.0.1, but postfix was rejecting it (relay access denied) because I didn't have that server set as an allowed relay host, and I wasn't using authentication

Things look good now. Thanks again.

#3 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 12 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Resolution set to Invalid

it looks like the new (0.8.4+) version of Redmine wants to use TLS by default

AFAIK, no such change was done. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Also available in: Atom PDF