O.J. Sousa Rodrigues, 2014-06-06 15:05
|6||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
|7||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues|
|8||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
If you are new to asking for help via chat medium, there are a few things you can do which will get you an answer faster and be make it a more pleasant experience for the developers.
|9||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues|
|10||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
* Join and ask your question into the channel, that's what it's for. We are not available all the time and with volunteer support you will need to make your question easy to answer. If you ask a specific question then the developer who is most knowledgeable in the area of your question will see it and be able to help you.
|11||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues|
|12||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
* *Good*: "Hi, I am having a problem registering new users on Redmine-2.3"
|13||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
* *Bad*: "Is anyone around to help me?"
|14||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues|
|15||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
* Don't ask and run, just because you didn't get an answer doesn't mean you won't ever get one. It's perfectly fine to idle in the channel for as long as you want.
|16||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
* Provide any relevant information from the logs, paste it to one of the numerous pastebins on the web then provide the link with your question. If you see this in your wiki, click on it and it will likely expand to provide you with more information which you can paste to a pastebin.
|17||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
* Sending private messages to people who you don't know is rude. It amounts to demanding their immediate attention and it will often be ignored.
|18||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues|
|19||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
If you are interested in how to ask better questions which will get you better answers, you should read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.
|20||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues|
|21||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
|22||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues|
|23||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
h2. Redmine on Freenode
|24||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues|
The official IRC channel of redmine is "#redmine":ircs://irc.freenode.net:7000/redmine on the freenode IRC network "ircs://irc.freenode.net:7000/redmine":ircs://irc.freenode.net:7000/redmine
|26||8||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues|
Currently, all discussion happen there, except the planned developer meetings which take place in "#redmine-dev":ircs://irc.freenode.net:7000/redmine-dev
|29||9||O.J. Sousa Rodrigues||
You can use freenode's "browser-based irc client":http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=redmine&uio=d4 to join the channel. "Click here to join!":http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=redmine&uio=d4