Redmine is a flexible project management web application. Written using Ruby on Rails framework, it is cross-platform and cross-database.
Redmine is open source and released under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL).
- Multiple projects support
- Flexible role based access control
- Flexible issue tracking system
- Gantt chart and calendar
- News, documents & files management
- Feeds & email notifications
- Per project wiki
- Per project forums
- Time tracking
- Custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects and users
- SCM integration (SVN, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Darcs)
- Issue creation via email
- Multiple LDAP authentication support
- User self-registration support
- Multilanguage support
- Multiple databases support
Read more about Redmine features
An online demo can be found here: http://demo.redmine.org/.
This demo is running Redmine trunk (r3335) so you can evaluate the new features that have been added recently. It's been setup to give registered users the ability to create their own projects. This means once you register, you can create your own project on there and try out the project administration features.
You can read the Redmine guide (work in progress).Others resources:
Companies and projects saying "We are using Redmine!"¶
This page lists some companies and projects using Redmine.
Support & getting help¶
Before submitting a bug report, a patch or a feature request here, please read the Submission guidelines.
Contributing and helping out¶
Redmine is built and maintained by community volunteers. If you enjoy using it and would like to give back to the community, the Contribute page has several ideas. Software development experience is not required.
You can also make a donation and get listed on the Redmine Donors page.