Suggestion: Multiple customizable calendars
Added by Eugene Hutorny over 12 years ago
Provide the users with an ability to specify holidays and the application with an ability to determine working and non-working days
There are several reasons to have multiple and customizable calendars in Redmine.
1. Accounting holidays is very important for project planning and activity tracking. Since holidays are country specific, the calendar should be customizable (at UI level) to accommodate local specifics
2. There are cases when some members or even entire enterprise or may work on a custom calendar (four-days week, for example)
3. Project members may reside in different countries and thus, working on different calendars. Therefore the application should be flexible enough to capture and track all these nuances.
In the scope of this module the following use cases were identified:
- Create/Edit a calendar
- Apply one or more calendars in the Calendar View
- Apply one or more calendars in the Gantt View
- List all holidays for a given year
- Determine if a given day is working or no
- Set a calendar for a member or a group
RE: Suggestion: Multiple customizable calendars - Added by Terence Mill almost 12 years ago
Very nice summary.
I posted it on http://www.redmine.org/issues/7079, with link to this article.
RE: Suggestion: Multiple customizable calendars - Added by Eugene Hutorny about 11 years ago
This suggestion has been implemented in Multi calendar
RE: Suggestion: Multiple customizable calendars - Added by Terence Mill about 11 years ago
Sadly only works on redmine 1.2