502 proxy error upgrading from 0.8.7 to 0.9

Added by Steve Overton over 10 years ago

For ease, I installed the BitNami package for 0.8.7. I have since been trying to update to the 0.9-stable branch. I am behind a firewall so I cannot do a lot of the easy commands to update components from the web (gem install rails -v=2.3.5). I have been manually downloading the packages and innstalling the local copy. To test this I have been using a brand new install from BitNami with no plugins, themes, or even any changed data. The default installation works without any issues.

Current pc configuration.
  • Mongrel and Apache installed with the BitNami package.
  • Windows XP x86
  • MySQL 5.0.83
Here is a list of the steps I took and the versions being used.
  1. Copied in the .9 branch to a new redmine folder.
  2. Copied redmine-old\scripts redmine-old\conf redmine-old\files to the new redmine folder.
  3. Copied redmine-old\config\*.yml to redmine\config.
  4. Manually installed the new gem components for this version.
  5. # rake-0.8.7
  6. # rack-1.0.1
  7. # rails-2.3.5
  8. # # actionmailer-2.3.5
  9. # # actionpack-2.3.5
  10. # # activerecord-2.3.5
  11. # # activeresource-2.3.5
  12. # # activesupport-2.3.5
  13. Created the session store rake config/initializers/session_store.rb
  14. Migrated the database rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production"
  15. Started all services

All of the above commands succeed and there is no visible problem at this point. Once I go to the local website it gives me the error.

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /redmine.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

The production.log only contains when it was created. I am getting my company to use Redmine and we are currently working on getting it set up so I thought I would start off with 0.9 rather than using 0.8.7 and having to upgrade in the very near future.

Any ideas or things to try?

Thanks,
Steve

Replies (3)

RE: 502 proxy error upgrading from 0.8.7 to 0.9 - Added by Vincenzo Sorrentino over 10 years ago

Hi Steve,

I've the same problem. I see in mongrel.log in ruby/bin and there is the following error:

!!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2. Please install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql.
C:/Program Files/BitNami Redmine Stack/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.8.1-x86-mswin32/lib/1.8/mysql_api.so: 126: The specified module could not be found.   - C:/Program Files/BitNami Redmine Stack/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.8.1-x86-mswin32/lib/1.8/mysql_api.so (LoadError)
    from C:/Program Files/BitNami Redmine Stack/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
    from C:/Program Files/BitNami Redmine Stack/apps/redmine/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:158:in `require'
    from C:/Program Files/BitNami Redmine Stack/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.8.1-x86-mswin32/lib/mysql.rb:7
    from C:/Program Files/BitNami Redmine Stack/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `gem_original_require'
    from C:/Program Files/BitNami Redmine Stack/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
.......
.......

I've also execute gem install mysql but the problem remain the same

Any idea?

Thx
Vincenzo

RE: 502 proxy error upgrading from 0.8.7 to 0.9 - Added by Darko Lombardo over 10 years ago

Hi, any solutions?

I have tried the same yesterday with similar results.

Redards,
Darko

RE: 502 proxy error upgrading from 0.8.7 to 0.9 - Added by Vincenzo Sorrentino over 10 years ago

I resolved the problem with these steps:

After all steps explained in RedmineUpgrade guide
I've executed:

  1. gem install mysql (in order to install mysql 2.8.1)
  2. copy the lib libmysql.dll that exists in mysql/bin to ruby/bin (or reach it in mysql-ruby PATH)
  3. install the patch abstract_request.rb for mongrel <= 1.1.5 before you can't use --prefix without patch mongrel or patching your rail apps
    (the patch is in attachment and you must copy it in /config/initializers as explain at URL: http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/183811)

Hope that this may help you
Vincenzo

abstract_request.rb Magnifier - Patch for mongrel 1.1.5 (520 Bytes)

(1-3/3)