"Page not found" after upgrade to Redmine 1.0.1

Added by wAy sen about 10 years ago

Hello everybody,
and sorry for my bad english in advance. :-)

After updating redmine from version 0.9.4 to 1.0.1 I can´t access the most page of redmine anymore. Instead I see a page containing this text only:

Page not found

The page you were trying to access doesn't exist or has been removed.

Back

To upgrade I followed the steps descriped here:
[[http://www.redmine.org/wiki/redmine/RedmineUpgrade]]

If I copy back the backuped redmine folder, everything works as it should again.

An other, maybe important point, is this: I still can reach some of the redmine sites. E.g: I can reach the project overview pages and the issues, activities but not the "new issue" page of the different projects. Also I cant access the pages containing the documents, or the administration or the login.

I did the update 3 times to make sure I didn´t forget any step, but actually I didn´t know, what I am doing wrong.

This is the last log entry of the redmine_access.log:

10.49.16.120 - - [26/Aug/2010:16:39:30 +0200] "GET /login HTTP/1.1" 404 729 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b4) Gecko/20100818 Firefox/4.0b4" 

And this one is out of the error.log:

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/login.html" with {:method=>:get}):
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/rack/request_handler.rb:95:in `process_request'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_request_handler.rb:207:in `main_loop'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:378:in `start_request_handler'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:336:in `handle_spawn_application'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/utils.rb:184:in `safe_fork'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:334:in `handle_spawn_application'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:352:in `__send__'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:352:in `main_loop'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:196:in `start_synchronously'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:163:in `start'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:213:in `start'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:262:in `spawn_rails_application'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:126:in `lookup_or_add'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:256:in `spawn_rails_application'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:80:in `synchronize'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:79:in `synchronize'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:255:in `spawn_rails_application'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:154:in `spawn_application'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:287:in `handle_spawn_application'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:352:in `__send__'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:352:in `main_loop'
  /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.5/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:196:in `start_synchronously'

About my application environment:

Ruby version              1.8.7 (i486-linux)
RubyGems version          1.3.7
Rack version              1.0
Rails version             2.3.5
Active Record version     2.3.5
Active Resource version   2.3.5
Action Mailer version     2.3.5
Active Support version    2.3.5
Edge Rails revision       unknown
Application root          /srv/www/redmine
Environment               production
Database adapter          mysql
Database schema version   20100819172912

About your Redmine plugins
Mylyn Connector plugin   2.6.4.stable
Redmine Graphs plugin    0.1.0

It would be great if someone can give me hint what I am doing wrong during the update, or how I can fix this.

Thanks,
wAysen

Replies (2)

RE: "Page not found" after upgrade to Redmine 1.0.1 - Added by Holger Just about 10 years ago

Your Apache is probably evaluation the .htaccess file in your /srv/www/redmine/public directory which performs some rewriting (which is neccessary for (f)cgi setups). You can either forbid it to do so using AllowOverride none in your Apache configuration or by just deleting the .htaccess file. It is not needed for passenger setups.

--Holger

RE: "Page not found" after upgrade to Redmine 1.0.1 - Added by wAy sen about 10 years ago

Thank you very much! After deleting the .htaccess everything works fine now.

(1-2/2)