Redmine.pm and Subversion COPY method on Windows
Does anyone use the Redmine.pm HTTP authentication module for Subversion on a Windows machine?
If so, can you try something for me? Rename a file using TortoiseSVN or whatever client you prefer. Does Apache crash?
What version of Apache/Perl/Subversion/MySQL/Windows do you use? I'm stuck on a bug where Apache crashes every time the dav-svn COPY method is invoked and Apache has previously executed a MySQL statement through the Redmine.pm module. It's a severe C++ crash: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". I've checked as many executables as I could think of using Dependency Walker and have not found any glaring problems.
If I return "OK" from the access_handler and authen_handler methods in Redmine.pm before a SQL statement is executed, Subversion completes successfully. Any ideas? I'm completely stumped and about to revert back to some other authentication scheme which sucks.
I've ended up rewriting the perl authentication module from scratch. It doesn't appear to be a conflict with MySQL. I actually have no idea what the problem is. In any case, my "lite" version of the Remdine.pm module works just fine so if anyone runs into the same problem, message me.
I think I ran into the exact same issue. Can you attach your version of redmine.pm? Or at least, post the MySQL Statement you changed? Thx!
Sure. Attached is the script we currently use. I don't pass parameterized values into the script from apache so the database information would need to be hardcoded in the script. I'm not too familiar with passing parameters from apache to perl. Feel free to improve the script if this does the job for you.
Sorry for the delay in response.
Redmine.pm (6.01 KB)
I finally had the same problem after I setup Redmine on SSL on Windows 2008 R2 Server. Each time I did a copy apache crash.
I figured out that the "directive" statement in the redmine.pm module caused the problem.
As a workaround I switched over to PerlSetVar instead of using directives.
Please find a patch for Redmine 1.2.1 attached.
Be aware of modifying your apache redmine svn configuration as followed:
PerlSetVar RedmineDSN "DBI:mysql:database=redmine;host=localhost"
PerlSetVar RedmineDbUser "redmine"
PerlSetVar RedmineDbPass "something"
There was a mistake in my attachement. I fixed that.