Review [[FAQ]] versions 105-107 (about resetting lost password by altering Redmine DB)
- markup needs to be cleaned (see e.g. the unintended acronym) and the overall readability of the item needs to be drastically improved IMHO
- more importantly, should a described manual DB-alteration be included (thus advertised) in the FAQ?
- and even more important, is the given information actually right (considering r4936 for #7410)?
I'm not able to test the third - most-important - item currently; therefor it is not reasonable for me to start on the first item at the moment.
Regarding the second item I'm a bit hesitant. I think that manual DB-changes should not be "advised" in the FAQ. What do you think?
#3 Updated by Jan Niggemann (redmine.org team member) about 9 years ago
- File reset_password.rake added
Jean-Philippe Lang wrote:
Maybe a rake task can be added to reset a lost password if it's actually usefull?
Good idea, please see attached rake task.
At first I wanted to just reset the password for 'admin', but some people rename the account so that wouldn't work...
This is my first attempt at a rake task - comments?
#4 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 9 years ago
- the User model should be used and code wrapped in some method that can be tested
- the taks should allow changing the password of an existing user (and maybe an optional user creation)
- IMO, it would be better to ask for the new password instead of setting a default one