Add SCM:Visual SourceSafe patch
This was same as
I know RubyForge's areas are obsolated. So I re-post this patch here.
I got some reports and found this patch need running with Administrator (or Poweruser?) authority.
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 8.0 (maybe or later), I check only Japanese version 8.0.50727.42 .
#Maybe support Japanese and English ONLY. If need others, check codes.
Running VSS and Redmine on same machine.
Redmine process need running under Administrators authority.(Because of OLE security?)
#1 Updated by Thomas Lecavelier over 13 years ago
It looks like you achieve a great job. Some remarks:
- could you create a new migration, instead of editing m055: it'd break the migration system for users
- is it possible for you to provide a test-case to include with this patch? I don't know if it's possible to provide a stand-alone repository of MS VSS, but it could be a real good thing to prevent regression
- have you possibility to check that a redmine instance with your patch, running on linux, still work (without using the VSS capability, of course...) It should work without problem, but we can't know...
#2 Updated by Aruo Miura over 13 years ago
- File VisualSourceSafe.diff added
First, Thanks for your advices.
Second, might be hard to read because of my poor English...
- Maybe no migration needed. It's my experimental codes.
In RubyForge, I didn't put m055's codes.
And got some reports it works.
So maybe OK.
I delete it and re-upload patch.
- Need to read licence of VSS...
VSS can create stand-alone repository.
But I don't know providing repository is allowed.
- I don't have linux or other non-windows environments.
So it's hard to check it. Need setup first...
Running under not Windows environments like linux, it does't work because of No OLE.
I don't know WINE or other Windows Emu support them or not.
Of course, not select VSS for SCM, maybe it should be work just you said.
I know checking this patch is too hard, and not suit for major users.
So I think it's difficult to incorporate this patch to redmine trunk.
But "this patch is here" is important, I think so.
Of course, I'll try to check under linux and try to create test-case.
But need much more time.
#3 Updated by Thomas Lecavelier over 13 years ago
Outch... The migration was just ugly: it's effect was to "convert" all existing repositories in Redmine in VSS repositories... It would be a terrific bug ;)
You're right: there's very few chance to commit this patch to trunk without far more tests, but it's a good beginning.
I'd add a link to this patch in the redmine guide, hoping it could help someones.
Any feedback from users is welcome, of course.
#5 Updated by Go MAEDA about 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
Microsoft no longer supports Visual SourceSafe. The mainstream support for Visual SourceSafe 2005 was ended on 2012-07-10.
Probably few people really need this feature in 2018.