Activity page to remember user's selection of activities
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
On www.redmine.org if you go to the activity tab the messages option is unselected by default. If you select it and hit reply then you can see recent activity in the forums. When you navigate away from activity tab and then go back the messages option is again unselected and you have to reapply to see that activity. It would be nice if it would remember your selection, if the admin could choose to have it selected by default or both.
If what I am seeing is not expected behaviour, then this is a bug and I am on firefox 3.0 on Kubuntu.
I too would really appreciate this one fixed. In my case it's Wiki edits I'd like to be able to see by default.
It doesn't appear to be browser-specific. Same behaviour in Safari and Camino on a Mac and Chrome on windows.
Same for the check-boxes on the Roadmap page as well :)
for a global setting of which boxes are checked by default (maybe even project-specific setting)
- Category changed from Projects to UI
- Duplicated by Feature #2729: Memorize activity events selection added
- Duplicated by Feature #5750: Configurable activity list defaults added
- Duplicated by Feature #6824: Make it possible to choose default filters on activity page added
- Duplicated by Feature #7548: Option to remember Activities set to show on activity view added
- Duplicated by Feature #8439: Default Settings on Activity Tab added
- Related to Feature #8680: Select all modules for search and activities added
- Related to Patch #13666: wiki edits, wiki comments and messages turned on by default on activity page added
- Related to Feature #938: Add default Activity value per user added
- Related to Feature #1295: Option to show wiki pages under activity by default added
I have wrote a patch to make Activity tab remember the selection of activity events even if the user logged out.
Code improvement. Added property methods for "activity_scope" to UserPreference model.
- Target version set to 3.2.0
This is a long awaited feature by many users (please see "Related issues").
I think it would be better to include in 3.2.0.
- Category changed from UI to Activity view
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Resolution set to Fixed
Feature added in r14678. I've made a few changes to the patch so that the preference gets updated only when the user changes the scope by hitting the Apply bouton. And tests added.
Also available in: Atom