Too much scrolling on tickets
Tickets get too long and everything of interest is at opposite ends of the web page, leading to excessive scrolling:
- Ticket title and key attributes are all listed at the top of the page. If I forget which ticket I am reading I have to scroll back to the top to check.
- Update and and other key command links are only at the top.
- All the recent comments and updates are at the bottom.
- If I update status my form appears at the bottom.
I note that emails come in a very different format with latest content top, preceded by original report, which makes perfect sense. I have 3 suggestions here to reduce scrolling:
- List the chronological contributions newest top, oldest bottom (but still below the header block) so the latest content is above the fold.
- Duplicate all the key command links (Update, Copy Move etc) at top and bottom of the page
- Make the Update form appear at the top of teh page rather than the bottom.