Configuration of which versions are shown in version-format custom fields should not affect issue query filter
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
The feature implemented as #8572 is great. It allows to limit to what values custom field can be set when issue is edited, e.g. allow to assign custom field only to open versions.
Unfortunately, this settings is affecting values that are shown for the custom field when building issue search query. This makes it impossible to search issues e.g. for closed or locked versions and makes entire feature a bit useless.
#1 Updated by Sebastian Paluch over 5 years ago
- File field_format.rb.patch added
- Status changed from New to Resolved
I have created a patch fixing the problem. It is simply passing an option from query_filter_options to indicate that all values should be returned and is fully transparent for all other use cases.
Would be good if it could be included soon.
#5 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Configuration of which versions (by version-status) are shown in version-format custom fields should not affect issue query to Configuration of which versions are shown in version-format custom fields should not affect issue query filter
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Resolution set to Fixed
This is fixed in r14623. Implementation is slightly different than the proposed patch and a test is added.