Users' "Last connection" is not updated correctly.
|Category:||Accounts / authentication|
|Target version:||Candidate for next major release|
- Registered on: 2015-01-01 (value is an example)
- Last connection: 2015-09-01 (value is an example)
For some users, "Last connection" is not correct. Although the user logs in Redmine, "Last connection" date is not updated.
In our system, for example, a user logged in on August 31, 2015. But "Last connection" date is still "August 22, 2015".
It is also true in the Administration=>Users listing.
We are using this field to determine if the user is active or not. So We hope this field is correct.
Thank you all, in advance.
- Reported version
Details are as follows.
Environment: Redmine version 2.5.0.stable Ruby version 1.9.3-p484 (2013-11-22) [x86_64-linux] Rails version 3.2.17 Environment production Database adapter PostgreSQL
#4 Updated by kaz k about 5 years ago
Toshi MARUYAMA wrote:
- When a user logs in the User.last_login_on field is updated to the current time.
- When logging in via an autologin cookie the user's last_login_on be updated
How do you expect?
My expectations are as follows.
- As the field says "Last connection", it is natural that "Last connection" is to be updated every time when a user logs in, regardless of the autologin cookie ( and its expiration).
- There is a time duration of user's activity from Log-in to Log-out. "Last Connection" is not clear if it points the log-in time or log-out time, and sometimes log-out time is not captured precisely (for example, when the connection is broken). This is why I think Last log-in time is appropriate.
- "Last connection" might be renamed as "Last Log in".
- From the administrator's view, he/she wants to know how long a user has not logged in to determine if the user seems inactive or not. It does not depend on the use of autologin cookie.
#13 Updated by kaz k about 5 years ago
Go MAEDA wrote:
I have wrote a patch to fix this issue.
With this patch applied, "Last connection" is updated every time the application is accessed.
Thank you very much !
I think the description of "Last connection" is better to be replaced with "Last Activity".
Because user may keep login for a few days and keep making updates. In this case, "Last connection" is older than the current date. If the patch works as described, the field indicates last access.