Option to copy attachments when copying an issue
When you "move" an issue and select to copy it attachments are not included in the new issue.
Updated by Arseny Silvestrov over 14 years ago
I faced the same issue just now while copying an issue with lots of images attached.
There were images inserted into description via reference and they didn't get copied. And they probably should have to, because they are used in description.
New descriptions after copying still have the reference , but images are not shown because they are attachments and were not copied.
I think every attachment used in description, e.g. images, should be copied by default.
Updated by R Chang over 12 years ago
Not sure why there is two options: copy and duplicate. My expectation is that at least one of those copies all comments and attachments.
An example work flow is that we have an app across multiple mobile platforms (ios, android, blackberry) and to keep feature parity we open separate tickets for a feature for each platform. It is a big pain to have to keep remembering to attach screenshots to the copied tickets.
Updated by Preethi Sriram almost 12 years ago
- File duplicate_issues_attachment.diff duplicate_issues_attachment.diff added
- File attachment-test-results.txt attachment-test-results.txt added
- File issues-test-results.txt issues-test-results.txt added
- File journal_test_results.txt journal_test_results.txt added
Attached is a patch that allows duplicate option to copy attachments and journal notes to the new issue.
Unit test results for issue,attachment,journal are attached.
Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang almost 12 years ago
- Subject changed from Attachments do not get included on copy to Option to copy attachments when copying an issue
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Target version set to 1.4.0
- Resolution set to Fixed
Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 11 years ago
Updated by Lara R over 5 years ago
Jean-Philippe Lang wrote:
Josh Wang wrote:
This feature is included in 1.4, so you don't need to apply theses changes.
I have redmine 3.3.3 and when I copy an issue into another project the attached files and the issue history is not copied into the new issue.
Is there any plugin or another way to do it?