Irrelevant groups in "Add watchers" list
Redmine 4.2 introduced an ability to add groups to watchers list.
The logic prior was that in the "Add watchers" list appeared only users, who have access to a particular tracker. However, this logic is ignored for groups - it is possible to add any group regardless of a whether this group was access to the tracker or not.
Updated by Go MAEDA almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
I have confirmed the issue. The following steps can reproduce the issue.
1. Add a group as a member of a project
2. Navigate to Administration > Roles and click "Edit" of the group's role
3. Scroll down to "Issue tracking" on the edit page of the role
4. Remove all permissions for all trackers
5. Back to the project's page and try to add watchers of an issue. You should not be able to add the group as a watcher but you can