Relations in issue CSV Import appear to be ignored
|Assignee:||Marius BALTEANU||% Done:|
I have set up a simple CSV file with "Related To", "Precedes" and "Follows" columns, but these appear to have no effect.
The csv file is attached.
On import, the issues appear, but they are not related in any way. Even the fourth line, which relates to an existing issue has no relationship in it.
This is our setup
Redmine version 4.2.1.stable
Ruby version 2.6.7-p197 (2021-04-05) [x86_64-linux]
Rails version 5.2.5
Database adapter Mysql2
Mailer queue ActiveJob::QueueAdapters::AsyncAdapter
Mailer delivery smtp
#1 Updated by Marius BALTEANU about 1 month ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Marius BALTEANU
- Resolution set to Invalid
Thanks Simon for reporting this issue.I've investigated your case and I found that in your CSV file there is a duplicated relation entry:
- "Issue Two" precedes "Issue Three"
- "Issue Three" follows "Issue Two"
This generates a duplicated follows relations which is forbidden.
The import succeed if you remove from the mapping one of the Precedes/Follows columns.Working on this, I've found indeed some issues in Redmine and I created tickets for them:
- The "follow" duplicated relations entry fails with 500 internal error (#35655)
- When importing issue relations, the validation messages are not shown in the UI (#35656)
but both issues are just improving the validation message when the import fails.
For now, I'm closing this as Invalid because if you use a correct CSV, the import should work as expected. Please reopen if you find anything else or you still have questions about issue relations import.