Defect #37578

Upgrade 4.1.1 to 5.0.1 filters for issues do not work

Added by Gary Aitken about 1 month ago. Updated about 1 month ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:Issues
Target version:-
Resolution:Invalid Affected version:5.0.1

Description

When upgrading a redmine 4.1.1 to 5.0.1, the filters and options displays don't work.

I have a 4.1.1 which had plugins installed. After uninstalling all plugins, I dumped the db and saved the schema.db.

On a different machine+os, I installed 5.0.1, reloaded the saved db, copied the saved schema.rb, and did a migrate. The resulting rm appears to work ok (I have only done minimal testing), except that when you click on the "Issues" tab for a project:

1. The checkbox, "Status" & "Open" dropdown does not appear below "Filters" 
2. Clicking on the "Filters" label has no affect;
3. The add filter dropdown displays, but adding a filter does not add anything to the filters display.
4. Clicking on "Options" has no effect.
(Clicking "New issue" seems to work.)
4.1.1 system:
  redmine 4.1.1
  rails 5.2.4.2
  mysql 5.7
  ruby 2.6.6-p46
  ubuntu-18.04
5.0.1 system:
  redmine 5.0.1
  rails 6.1.6
  mysql 5.7
  ruby 3.0.4-p208
  ubuntu-20.04

A diff of the migrated schema.db and the 4.1.1 schema.db shows many lines of the form:

15c15
<   create_table "accounts", id: :integer, charset: "utf8mb4", force: :cascade do |t|
---
>   create_table "accounts", id: :integer, options: "ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4", force: :cascade do |t|

and a few like:

105c105
<     t.text "filter", size: :medium
---
>     t.text "filter", limit: 16777215
144,145c144,145
<     t.text "path", size: :medium, null: false
<     t.text "from_path", size: :medium
---
>     t.text "path", limit: 16777215, null: false
>     t.text "from_path", limit: 16777215
164c164
<     t.text "comments", size: :long
---
>     t.text "comments", limit: 4294967295

History

#1 Updated by Gary Aitken about 1 month ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

I am not sure what caused the above problem, but I think it may be related to using chruby as the ruby manager. I removed chruby and related cruft, including rubies; then installed as root I installed rvm, ruby 3.0.4, and passenger 6.0.14. As a normal user I then installed ruby 3.0.4 and redmine and all seems fine.

#2 Updated by Mischa The Evil about 1 month ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Resolution set to Invalid

Thanks for the feedback.

Also available in: Atom PDF