Redmine releases are available in either
You can also browse the older releases.
Versions status and releases policy¶
|Unstable version. Will receive new features, bug fixes, and security updates.
|Latest stable version. Fully supported with new features, bug fixes, and security updates
|Legacy stable version. Will receive important bug fixes and security updates only.
|4.0.x and older
- Next Redmine releases are always available in Roadmap page
- In a best-effort manner:
- Minor versions are released every 3 months
- Major versions once per year
- Critical / important security fixes or major bug fixes as soon as possible.
- latest minor version is fully supported and it is fully supported
- latest minor version - 1 is supported with bug fixes and security updates
- latest minor version - 2 with security updates only
- Redmine 6.0.* is the latest minor version
- Redmine 5.1.* in the latest minor version -1 and it will receive bug fixes and security updates
- Redmine 5.0.* is the latest minor version -2 and it will receive security updates only.
You can checkout the source code of Redmine from the Subversion repository. This is the preferred way to get Redmine if you want to benefit from the latest improvements and be able to upgrade easily.
The URL of the official Subversion repository is: https://svn.redmine.org/redmine
Alternatively, you can clone it from the Github mirror maintained by the community: https://github.com/redmine/redmine
You can checkout the latest stable source with one of the following commands:
svn co https://svn.redmine.org/redmine/branches/5.1-stable redmine-5.1
It will create a directory named
redmine-5.1 and you'll be able to update your Redmine copy using
svn update in this directory.
You can checkout the latest development source from the trunk with one of the following commands:
svn co https://svn.redmine.org/redmine/trunk redmine
Third-party Redmine bundles¶
- TurnKey Redmine Appliance - Provides a free lightweight Debian-based Redmine appliance (available as an ISO, virtual machine image or cloud image).
- BitNami Redmine Stack – Provides free virtual machines, containers, and cloud images for Redmine.