Budget is a plugin to manage the set of deliverables for each project, automatically calculating key performance indicators.
- Add new deliverable to a project - Fixed bid or Time Based
- Listing of deliverables on a project
- Column sorting by: ID, Score, Subject, Budget, Spent, Due date, Progress
- Deliverable details
- Link to edit the deliverable
- Link to see the issues assigned to the deliverable, using a issue filter
- Mass assignment of all issues on a specific version to a deliverable
- Button to Delete the deliverable
- Edit a deliverable on a project
- Automatic calculations for deliverables based on the existing Redmine issue and timelog data
- Calculations for the whole project, based on the deliverables
- Flexible role based permissions using Redmine's permissions and roles system
- (none) - Can assign issues to a deliverable and filter on them.
- View - Can see the Budget tab and specific deliverable data: name, dates, progress (based on the %done against the estimated hours), total budget
- Manage - Can do everything
- Company defaults for:
- Non billable overhead - in dollars or as a %
- Materials - in dollars or as a %
- Deliverable profit - in dollars or as a %
- Ability to add the Deliverable column to the Main Issues list, including sorting and filtering by Deliverable name
- Adding the billable rate to project members on a per project basis
Main Budget screen.
Issue list filtered by a Deliverable.
Member billing rates in Project Settings.
Getting the plugin¶
A more recent fork of the Plugin with support for rails 4 it suggests:
A copy of the original plugin can be found at GitHub and in the downloads at Little Stream Software.
- Follow the Redmine plugin installation steps at: http://www.redmine.org/wiki/redmine/Plugins Make sure the plugin is installed to Make sure you install the plugin to
- The Rate plugin is required also, install it from Little Stream Software
- Run the plugin migrations
- Restart your Redmine web servers (e.g. mongrel, thin, mod_rails)
- Login to your Redmine install as an Administrator
- Enable the permissions for your Roles
- Setup your companies defaults in the Plugins' configuration panel
- Add the "Budget module" to the enabled modules for the projects you want to manage
- The link to the plugin should appear on that project's navigation
- Use the "New Deliverable" link on sidebar of the Budget page to add a new deliverable
- The deliverable can be a Fixed Bid or an Hourly deliverable. The type can be changed later.
- Saving the deliverable will add it to the Deliverable list.
- Clicking the pencil icon will drop down the deliverable details, with summary and calculations about the deliverable.
- Links on the left can be used to edit or delete a deliverable and well as view the issue list for the deliverable.
Assignment of an issue to a deliverable¶
Edit an issue and select the deliverable from the dropdown
Bulk assignment of issues to a deliverable¶
- Select multiple issues on the issue list
- Right click and select the edit option
- Select the deliverable from the dropdown and save
Bulk Assignment of issues by Version¶
Issues can be bulk assigned to a deliverable based on a Version.
- Expand the Deliverable to view it
- Select the Version in the drop down box
- Click the Bulk Assign button
- All issues for that version will now be assigned to that Deliverable
This plugin is licensed under the GNU GPL v2. See LICENSE.txt and GPL.txt for details.
If you need help you can contact the maintainer on the bug tracker at https://projects.littlestreamsoftware.com/projects/redmine-budget
If you would like to report a bug or request a new feature the bug tracker is located at https://projects.littlestreamsoftware.com/projects/show/redmine-budget
Updated by dj jones over 6 years ago · 8 revisions