RedmineRoadmap » History » Version 14
Tom Rochette, 2010-01-11 16:41
Minor modifications to the overview.
|1||1||Karl Heinz Marbaise||
|2||1||Karl Heinz Marbaise|
|3||12||Mischa The Evil||
The roadmap provides a highly-configurable, version-based view on the issue tracking system that helps planning and managing the development of a project.
|4||12||Mischa The Evil||
It also provides an in-depth (version-based) overview of the current state of your project.
|5||11||Mischa The Evil|
|6||10||Mischa The Evil||
|7||10||Mischa The Evil|
|8||2||Karl Heinz Marbaise||
If you select the Roadmap you will get an overview of the current state of your project, like the following:
|9||2||Karl Heinz Marbaise|
|10||7||Mischa The Evil||
|11||1||Karl Heinz Marbaise|
|12||13||Mischa The Evil||
The above mentioned view contains the following "blocks" of information for all (incomplete) versions:
* the version name
* the date the version is scheduled to be complete
* a progress bar which indicates overall active/done/closed-ratio based on the %-done and statuses of the issues targeted to the corresponding version, visualized by different color gradients
|16||1||Karl Heinz Marbaise||
* if configured: the content of the wiki-page that has been configured to be attached to the version (see below)
|17||1||Karl Heinz Marbaise||
* if configured: a list of all the issues assigned to the specific version (see below)
|18||1||Karl Heinz Marbaise|
The mentioned progress bar includes drill-down links to the issue-list which preloads the specific filters thus providing quick links to open/closed issues targeted to a corresponding version. Simply click on the number left to *_open_* to see all open issues in the issue-list. If you like to know which issues are already solved/closed simply click on the number left to *_closed_*.
|20||1||Karl Heinz Marbaise|
If you click on the version itself (0.8 right from the !/images/package.png!-icon), you can get a detailed view of the current, overall state of a specific version. This is the [[RedmineVersion|version-view]].
|22||13||Mischa The Evil|
|23||13||Mischa The Evil||
h2. Managing the Roadmap
|24||13||Mischa The Evil|
|25||13||Mischa The Evil||
If you have the appropriate permissions you can change the Roadmap-view in two ways:
|26||13||Mischa The Evil|
|27||13||Mischa The Evil||
# You can attach a wikipage to the version (see [[RedmineProjectSettings#Versions]]) which can be used for describing main objectives of the version etc.
|28||13||Mischa The Evil||
# You can select the trackers of which individual issues, which are targetted to the corresponding version, are listed in a way that you will see an area with all related issues directly under the version. This behaviour can be changed as an administrator in the area of the [[RedmineIssueTrackingSetup#Trackers|trackers]].
|29||10||Mischa The Evil|
|30||10||Mischa The Evil||
|31||10||Mischa The Evil|
|32||10||Mischa The Evil||
The contextual sidebar on the right of the roadmap provides several things:
|33||10||Mischa The Evil||
* a checkbox to include completed target-versions on the roadmap
|34||10||Mischa The Evil||
* checkboxes and an apply-button to include/exclude issues from specific trackers on the roadmap (which trackers are shown here with checkboxes depends on the individual [[RedmineIssueTrackingSetup#Trackers|tracker-configuration]])
|35||10||Mischa The Evil||
* links to the configured target-versions of the project where each links to the roadmap itself starting with the selected target-version