Can't change status of issues to desired "Closed".

Added by Yannick Voyer over 10 years ago

I've got a problem when trying to update a status issue.

Here's my problem:
  • I try to change the status of Issue_1 to "Closed", but the only choice I got are "Assigned" and "In revison".
  • If I try to change the status of Issue_2, I can Close it, even thought:
    • both issues are in the same project;
    • Both issues are of the same type;
    • I (User_1) am a member of this project with all permisisons;
The only difference in those issues history is this:
  • Issue_1 history:
    1. Status changed from "New" to "In revision";
    2. Assigned changed from "User 1" to "User 2";
    3. % Done changed from "0" to "100";
    4. Status changed from "In revision" to "Assigned";
  • Issue_2 history
    1. Status changed from "New" to "In revision";
    2. Assigned set to "User 3";
Issue statuses:
  • New (default)
  • Assigned
  • In revision
  • Resolved (Issue closed)
  • Closed (Issue closed)

Status workflow:
According to my role, I can change all the statuses in this type of issue.

OS:

# uname -a output
Linux 2.6.32-24-generic-pae #43-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 16 15:30:27 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release -a output
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS
Release:    10.04
Codename:    lucid

## mysql --version output
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.41, for debian-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 6.1

## script/about output
About your application's environment
Ruby version              1.8.7 (i486-linux)
RubyGems version          1.3.5
Rack version              1.1
Rails version             2.3.5
Active Record version     2.3.5
Active Resource version   2.3.5
Action Mailer version     2.3.5
Active Support version    2.3.5
Edge Rails revision       unknown
Application root          /usr/share/redmine
Environment               production
Database adapter          mysql
Database schema version   20101114115359

Replies (4)

RE: Can't change status of issues to desired "Closed". - Added by Yannick Voyer over 10 years ago

Just found out that it was a user problem. The roles had differents workflow, which disabled some statuses. So everything was working according to plan.

RE: Can't change status of issues to desired "Closed". - Added by Kevin Wojniak over 9 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem. I have an issue for a project where it cannot be set to a closed status. I have enabled all statuses for roles, changed my role, even reset almost all properties on the issue. Nothing. (I am admin too.) All other issues for this project are closable just fine.

The "solution" above isn't clear to me. How can this be fixed?

Edit: I found another issue in the project with the same problem. These issues were all imported from Bugzilla, but I haven't had any other problems in other projects (yet).

RE: Can't change status of issues to desired "Closed". - Added by Yannick Voyer over 9 years ago

Make sure that your workflows permits to change from the current status to the closed status.

Also, check the relations of your issues. You can't close an issue that is blocked by another one.

In my above case, the user did not have the roles to change the issue status to closed.

RE: Can't change status of issues to desired "Closed". - Added by Kevin Wojniak over 9 years ago

Thanks, it ended up being a relation issue. I had a suspicion this was the case, as I was snooping around in PostgreSQL and saw within the "issues_related" table a reference to the ID of the issue I couldn't close.

The issue it was related to (blocked) was inside another project that had been archived, so "Related issues" didn't show anything at all. I had to unarchive the other project, and then it showed up.

I'd say this is a bug, because the only way I figured out which project it was related to was by going back to our Bugzilla install and looking at the bug to see what it was blocked by.

If Redmine gave read-only access to archived projects (and make it obvious you're in an archived project), this would never have been an issue.

Anyways, thanks for the tips!

Edit: entered as a bug #11214

(1-4/4)