Subversion Integration

Added by Peter Roberts over 9 years ago

I have installed Redmine 1.2.2.stable.7912.
I am now trying to integrate with Subversion.

I already have Subversion up and running.

If I simply add the repository location, SVN user and password to Redmine's Project Setting Repository tab & then when I click the Repositories tab I get a 404 "The entry or revision was not found in the repository".

The guide
[[http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/Repositories_access_control_with_apache_mod_dav_svn_and_mod_perl]] has me adding various statements in my existing <location> (which is in dav_svn.conf).
The lines:
PerlAccessHandler Apache::Authn::Redmine::access_handler
PerlAuthenHandler Apache::Authn::Redmine::authen_handler
stops all access to SVN, even from my browser and Tortoise.
EDIT: With a 403 Forbidden.

Any help or background would be gratefully received!

EDIT: The problem is that authetication is not working properly. I have created redmine users etc but no joy.
Working my way through redmine.pm but find it hard to believe that this would be the problem.

Replies (5)

RE: Subversion Integration - Added by Mischa The Evil over 9 years ago

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the "advanced subversion integration" and can't help you with this.

Edit: it might be useful to mention you've setup Redmine according to HowToInstallRedmineOnUbuntuServer ;)

RE: Subversion Integration - Added by Peter Roberts over 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply though.
My ALM server is using Ubuntu Server.
Don't think it makes much difference, just don't have a GUI.

Fairly sure that the problem is an Apache cfg problem. I know that I have the Redmine database details correct within Apache, if I don't then Redmine.pm moans.
So I am assuming that this is probably related to having SVN settings in dav_svn.conf rather than in a virtual host. The guide uses a VH, my original SVN guide used dav_svn.conf & VH combo.

Anyone?
I have simplified the setup, see files. The authentication challenge is being made but keeps failing.
I cannot see why though, I have used the lines from the examples, supplied the correct passwords.
Has anyone used Redmine.pm?
May have to try LDAP instead.

redmine - Basic redmine site which includes (655 Bytes)

svn.conf - a very simple svn location (674 Bytes)

RE: Subversion Integration - Added by Daniel Camargo over 9 years ago

Are you trying to access the project svn folder?

If your project is called testproject you should add you user to the project and try

http://localhost/svn/testproject

Thanks. I figured it out. Gotta have an user registered with the project. Admin by default was not good enough......

(1-5/5)