multiple plugins that override same partial

Added by Marco Nobler over 9 years ago

hello everibody,

i have two plugins that override the same partial (issues/_attributes), how it is handled by redmine?

thanks
Marco Nobler

Replies (5)

RE: multiple plugins that override same partial - Added by Marco Nobler over 9 years ago

Marco Nobler wrote:

hello everibody,

i have two plugins that override the same partial (issues/_attributes), how it is handled by redmine?

thanks
Marco Nobler

Is there anybody out there?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Marco

RE: multiple plugins that override same partial - Added by Evgeny Tsirkin over 9 years ago

I don't think such a case handled :
one of the plugin's partial will override the other
But it is pretty simple just to try it out.
Evgeny

RE: multiple plugins that override same partial - Added by Marco Nobler over 9 years ago

Thanks for your reply,
for sure i'll try it out.

Only for the sake of completeness, i'm using RM 1.0.5.stable.
My goal is to hide/show some issue fileds based on role level permissions.
I found two plugins that could be right, one that override the "attributes" partial[[http://www.redmine.org/plugins/redmine_fields_permissions]] and another that implements a javascript hook ([[http://9thport.net/2011/03/20/redmine-hide-assigned-to-field-with-role-permissions-plugin/]]). But the second one seems to have some compatibility issue with my Redmine release.

Marco

RE: multiple plugins that override same partial - Added by Evgeny Tsirkin over 9 years ago

So, why are you interested in overriding same view?

Because in my installation there is another plugin that already override the issues "attributes" partial and my first idea was to implement a different plugin to implement my new requirements.
Obviously, now, i'm planning to modify the already installed plugin to add new required functionalities.

Marco

(1-5/5)