Adding Watchers UX Is Not Clean
With the update to 2.5.1 and the implementation of feature #8562, you now have to add users one at a time, instead of en masse.
It would seem more effective if the interface allowed you to search for a user, check the checkbox, then search for another user, check their checkbox, and search for a third user and check that checkbox then click "Add" and all three users are added to the watch list. The current implementation breaks that functionality.
The attached patch resolves this issue. It will persist the checked checkboxes and add multiple users at once (even after filtering).
- Related to Patch #14318: Watchers Alerted To Changes But Cannot See Issues (potentially) added
- Related to Patch #16133: Available watchers on new issue form include users who cannot even view issues added
- Related to Defect #17579: Edit Watchers List Loses Checked Watchers When Performing Multiple Searches added
- Related to deleted (Patch #14318: Watchers Alerted To Changes But Cannot See Issues (potentially))
Just bumping to make note that adding multiple watchers from multiple searches still doesn't work. Updated the patch to work with 3.4.2.
- Related to Patch #28771: Allow adding multiple entities when performing multiple searches in modals added
I've added some proposals to fix this behaviour in #28771.
- Related to deleted (Defect #17579: Edit Watchers List Loses Checked Watchers When Performing Multiple Searches)
- Duplicated by Defect #17579: Edit Watchers List Loses Checked Watchers When Performing Multiple Searches added
- Duplicated by Defect #33950: Search users - selection cleared on every search added
Also available in: Atom