Update Redmine::Plugin documentation
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
I want to more information to Redmine methods for plugin development.
As a trial, I created a patch to add below information to Redmine::Plugin.
- Add @since to each Redmine::Plugin methods
- Add reference to Plugin_Tutorial wiki and Redmine::Plugin#requires_redmine
- Add description to a few methods
I checked @since info with using yard diff(the result pasted below).
I will create patches to add @since information to Redmine methods after this tickets was closed.
#2 Updated by Go MAEDA almost 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Target version set to 4.0.0
I think the comment suggested by Sho is useful. However, I wonder if we can continuously update the comments in the future versions.
I would like Jean-Philippe to decide whether we can commit this change.
#4 Updated by Sho HASHIMOTO over 3 years ago
I'll publish unofficial document.
Like below. This is auto generated table by using yard diff version1 version2 under redmine repository.
#5 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Update Redmine::Plugin document to Update Redmine::Plugin documentation
- Status changed from New to Closed
It's perfectly right to improve the documentation. I've committed the proposed additions with slight changes, thanks. But the yard tags are not used anywhere in the code, it doesn't sound so good to me to introduce them in a single class.
#6 Updated by Sho HASHIMOTO over 3 years ago
Thanks to merge documentation!!
But the yard tags are not used anywhere in the code, it doesn't sound so good to me to introduce them in a single class.
No. Redmine already has yard tags.
- Gemfile: https://github.com/redmine/redmine/blob/3.4.6/Gemfile#L89-L92
- application_helper.rb: https://github.com/redmine/redmine/blob/3.4.6/app/helpers/application_helper.rb#L43-L46
application_helper.rb has yardoc tag because rdoc has no @<tagname>. See below.