Redmine profile language form lists non-localized languages as English
In our Redmine installation we found, that the drop down for preferred language was listing "English" twice.
After some investigation, we found out, that Redmine, using the standard Rails I18N gem, takes all available locales from the I18N backend. A library dependency from one of our custom plugins actually provided I18N for the Khmer language (
km). Since the displayed language name is localized in Redmine itself and the fallback mechanism is in place, it was displayed as "English", while still using the language code in several places, resulting in strange error messages in the log file.