Project

General

Profile

Actions

Defect #38143

closed

Autocomplete related issues fails on 4.2.9.stable

Added by Daniel N 3 months ago. Updated 3 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Issues
Target version:
-
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Resolution:
Invalid
Affected version:

Description

Hi, I am on a fresh installed 4.2.9.stable. When I try to link a related issue I only see the three dot animation infinitely while /issues/auto_complete?issue_id=4&project_id=testprojekt&term=Test gets a Statuscode: 404 Not Found - and no results even if the issue I a trying to link exists (in the same project).

On another Redmine install which is on 4.2.2.stable and has been updated from a 3.x autocomplete is working fine as expected.

  • Has anybody a working autocomplete on 4.2.9?
  • I found about #29276 and tried the workaround with mod_proxy, which did not work. I did not try the attached patch as it is against a Redmine 3.x? Should the patch/fix #30818 be in my 4.2.9-installation or was it only fixed for the 3.x branch?

Thanks for any help with this!

Actions #1

Updated by Holger Just 3 months ago

  • Description updated (diff)
Actions #2

Updated by Holger Just 3 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs feedback

Daniel Netzer wrote:

  • Has anybody a working autocomplete on 4.2.9?

This should work correctly.

  • I found about #29276 and tried the workaround with mod_proxy, which did not work. I did not try the attached patch as it is against a Redmine 3.x? Should the patch/fix #30818 be in my 4.2.9-installation or was it only fixed for the 3.x branch?

The patch originally attached to #29276#note-6 and later merged in #30818 was first released with Redmine 3.4.9. It was also part of any release since 4.0.0.

Witout more information, it is however hard to find what exactly is wrong in your case.

In any case, please check your Redmine logs in logs/production.log. There, the request should be visible with some details. If the request is not visible there (or states some other status code), some other part of your hsoting stack might reject the request. In that case, check your webserver logs. If this is still not suitable to find the issue, please add your webserver configuration, application server configuration (passenger, puma, unicorn, whatever...) and describe in more detail what exactly you see in the logs for the various software layers.

Actions #3

Updated by Daniel N 3 months ago

Hi Holger, thanks for your help! I was so focused on this said error report and patch that I forgot that we once wrote a plugin (ages ago) which is installed and enables custom fields of type "linked issue" which "patched" the autocomplete stuff itself ;-) Stupid me did not think about it as it made no problems on the other redmine instance running 4.2.2. So I might have a look at this. Btw disabling my plugin makes autocomplete work again. So please close this issue. Sorry.

Actions #4

Updated by Holger Just 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Needs feedback to Closed
  • Resolution set to Invalid

Thanks for your feedback!

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF