Time logger: browser play / pause & stop buttons on each issue page
On each issue page, provide a play/pause and stop button to automatically log time so you don't even have to think about it.Use case:
- Dev is assigned an issue to work on
- Dev opens issue page
- Dev presses "play" button to signify start of timer
- Dev gets called away to a quick meeting, presses "pause" button
- Dev resumes work, presses play again
- Dev finishes on the ticket for the day and moves onto other work, presses stop button
- Popup dialogue appears for comment
- The time is automatically calculated from the duration the play button was active
- Time log is updated with above info
Not 100% sure whether you need the "pause" button, it could just be logged as separate blocks of time.
Maybe more suited to a plugin?