Time logger: browser play / pause & stop buttons on each issue page
On each issue page, provide a play/pause and stop button to automatically log time so you don't even have to think about it.Use case:
- Dev is assigned an issue to work on
- Dev opens issue page
- Dev presses "play" button to signify start of timer
- Dev gets called away to a quick meeting, presses "pause" button
- Dev resumes work, presses play again
- Dev finishes on the ticket for the day and moves onto other work, presses stop button
- Popup dialogue appears for comment
- The time is automatically calculated from the duration the play button was active
- Time log is updated with above info
Not 100% sure whether you need the "pause" button, it could just be logged as separate blocks of time.
Maybe more suited to a plugin?
Updated by Terence Mill over 12 years ago
THere is already the functionality via Redmine Messenger. You can type to bot start ticket 12 (play) and stop ticket (stop).
The idea with buttons is good also!
Updated by Stefan Bellus over 12 years ago
See plugin http://github.com/GOYELLO/goyello_stuff_to_do. I guess this is what you need. I install it 2 days ago on redmine 1.0.stable.
Updated by Mischa The Evil over 12 years ago
Related to #1650. See also the TimeTracker plugin which might fit your need.