Add a relation between the original and copied issue
99.9% of the time when an issue is copied it should be related to the original issue in some way. It would save time and having to "follow" the issue if there was an option on the copy page to associate the item. A drop down could be used that provides the association types (related to, duplicates, etc). It could default to not relate leaving the functionality the same.
I would like this feature as well. I see some patches out there, but they seem to be prior to 1.0, and the code looks very different now.
- Subject changed from Copy - Add an option to relate the original and copied issue. to Add a relation between the original and copied issue
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Target version set to 2.2.0
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Resolution set to Fixed
Feature added. A "Copied from/to" relation is added between the original issue and its copy.
Is it possible to deactivate this behaviour?
How can I disable that "feature"?
This should have been implemented as a Administration option as it changes default behaviour.
Now we have a new request to implement the Admin option:
- Feature #16218: Enable/Disable creation of copied to/from relations
Erwin, Maik and @ go2null,
Deactivation options for this feature are added in r13668 through issue #18500, which is scheduled for Redmine 3.0.0.
Also available in: Atom