Error message when project can not be archived should be better (or documented)
- create a new project "test"
- create a child of "test" named "child"
- create a version for the "child" project
- create an issue in "test" and assign it to the "child" version
- go to Administration/Project screen and click the archive link for child
- click "yes" to the "are you sure" dialog
The error "This project can not be archived" appears.
If this is the only reason this error can appear than it should be made more descriptive ("This project can not be archived because another project has an issue assigned to one of it's versions" or add documentation on redmine.org which explains this problem.
#3 Updated by Michael Stucki about 6 years ago
Had the same problem, here is how I fixed it.
Say you want to archive the project with ID 534:
mysql> SELECT id,project_id,fixed_version_id FROM issues WHERE fixed_version_id IN (SELECT id FROM versions WHERE project_id=534) AND project_id!=534;
This prints all issues which refer to a version of the selected project.