Cannot install Redmine - Rake - undefined method `requirement'

Added by Ruben Sanchez almost 10 years ago

Hi people, I'm trying to install Redmine but I got this error:

ruben@xxx:~/svn-repositories/redmine-1.3$ RAILS_ENV=production rake db:migrate
(in /home/nfs/ruben/svn-repositories/redmine-1.3)
Please install RDoc 2.4.2+ to generate documentation.
rake aborted!
undefined method `requirement' for #<Rails::GemDependency:0xb7569bec>

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

I do this one to see my gem applications (with their versions)

ruben@xxx:~/svn-repositories/redmine-1.3$ gem list

• LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.3.14)
actionpack (2.3.14)
activerecord (2.3.14)
activeresource (2.3.14)
activesupport (2.3.14)
rack (1.1.2)
rails (2.3.14)
rake (0.8.7)
rubygems-update (1.3.7)

What is happening?

Thanks in advance!
Ruben

Replies (9)

RE: Cannot install Redmine - Rake - undefined method `requirement' - Added by pasquale [:dedalus] almost 10 years ago

It seems that we are some issues updating to redmine 1.3.0 when rake-db command is used: see issue #9821 for example

RE: Cannot install Redmine - Rake - undefined method `requirement' - Added by Ruben Sanchez almost 10 years ago

Hi guys

I just figured it out how to fix this.
I just got the version of gem like this and I realised that I had the version 1.3.5. According the documentation, if I have the redmine 1.3. I should use at least the 1.3.7.

I'm working from Ubuntu, and in my repositories I just have as last version 1.3.5. So I have to install rubygems manually doing this:

• Download and install the rubygems1.8 package for the Maverick (10.10) release of Ubuntu from <packages.ubuntu.com>. Install the downloaded file by double-clicking on it or with a command like:

$ sudo dpkg --install Downloads/rubygems1.8_1.3.7-2_all.deb

After that, it works like a charm.

RE: Cannot install Redmine - Rake - undefined method `requirement' - Added by Anton Segger over 9 years ago

Download and install

It broke apt manager.
I had added maveric universe repository to source.list.

RE: Cannot install Redmine - Rake - undefined method `requirement' - Added by Anirvan Basu over 9 years ago

Hi all,

The same problem happens to me. I give the command:

$RAILS_ENV=production rake config/initializers/session_store.rb

and I get the error:
Please install RDoc 2.4.2+ to generate documentation.

I am using the following versions:
- Installing Redmine 1.4.1
- Using (updated) RDoc version: 3.1.2
- Gem version: 1.7.2
- Rails version 2.3.14
- Ruby version: 1.8.7 (2011-12-28 MBARI 8/0x6770 on patchlevel 357) [x86_64-linux], MBARI 0x6770, Ruby Enterprise Edition 2012.01

I get the same message when I try the commands:
RAILS_ENV=production rake db:migrate
RAILS_ENV=production rake redmine:load_default_data

I have tried downgrading RDoc to 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 ( = 2.4.2+) and I still get these messages. Hence, I am not sure if the fix suggested by Ruben Sanchez will work.

Am I going wrong somewhere?
Another question: Is this an "error" message or just a "warning" , that I can ignore?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

RE: Cannot install Redmine - Rake - undefined method `requirement' - Added by Dmitry K over 9 years ago

Same problems with redmine 1.4.1:
Please install RDoc 2.4.2+ to generate documentation

Installed from bitnami redmine stack

RE: Cannot install Redmine - Rake - undefined method `requirement' - Added by Pok Lau over 9 years ago

I had the same problem before, was able to workaround the problem by cancel BUNDLE_WITHOUT development

RE: Cannot install Redmine - Rake - undefined method `requirement' - Added by Anirvan Basu over 9 years ago

Hi Pok Lau,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It would be very helpful for all of us if you could be more precise about:

- Your platform (LAMP/XAMP/?) and your hosting environment (shared or dedicated, what features)?
(FYI, I am using Bluehost, they are a good hosting company but do not prefer to help with RoR apps. So no support from them).

- Your versions for Rails, Gems, etc? Basically, the output of the command: $ RAILS_ENV=production script/about

- Exact steps, changes (cancel BUNDLE_WITHOUT, etc) that you made in the different files to finally get the installation working.

- Also, are you running redmine using CGI/Fast CGI or without CGI?

I request you to check out my other post where I have explained my problem in further details (I tried many scenarios without success).
http://www.redmine.org/boards/2/topics/30267?r=30345#message-30345

Please give your comments anywhere and what you think is required to correct the problem.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

RE: Cannot install Redmine - Rake - undefined method `requirement' - Added by Pok Lau over 9 years ago

Don't have a clue about shared environment, I am running mine on a RHEL. I use passenger for the redmine deployment myself and running it on apache. It has been quite stable for me since I adopted this model.

I only know very little about the linux and open source, etc world and I have never stop struggling with it. So good luck, I can't be more helpful on the issue you have.

(1-9/9)