LDAP authentication extremely flaky
|Status:||Needs feedback||Start date:||2008-06-10|
|Target version:||Candidate for next major release|
I hit a problem with LDAP on Linux. It turns out that net/ldap is extremely unreliable when authenticating against the LDAP server at work. I've filed a bug against net/ldap on RubyForge, but since the project seems dormant it's not clear anything will happen.
As a workaround, I coded up a replacement for app/models/auth_source_ldap.rb that uses the Ruby interface to OpenLDAP. So far this has been reliable.
Presumably ruby/ldap works for some people, so it might be nice to offer both as options, but I couldn't immediately work out how to patch RedMine to do that.
#3 Updated by Daniel Marczisovszky almost 11 years ago
I've created a patch that also uses Ruby/LDAP. After I wrote it, I found your patch and they are very similar ;) However it seems that your patch does not bind as the given user if it is set in the account and password fields. I've (hopefully) fixed it in initialize_ldap_con by adding a call to bind after creating connection. The patch can be found here: #3253