different estimated time units hours<>days per tracker type
|Target version:||Candidate for next major release|
- make unit of estimated time configurable (is a float anyway)
- support time unit days in addition to hours (maybe even weeks and at least for the Feature tracker)
- make this configurable differently for Feature/Support/Bug trackers.
- internally the unit could stay hour (estimated, spent) and
- a day should equal 8 hours (or configurable amount).
#5 Updated by budo kaiman about 5 years ago
+1 It would be great if redmine could detect and adjust the display format based on this.
|24.0 hours||3.0 days|
|0.5 hours||30 minutes|
|40.0 hours||1 week|
It would also be nice to have mixed formats.
|48.0 hours||1 week 1 day|
|4.5 hours||4 hours 30 minutes|
#9 Updated by Alexandre WALLET 8 days ago
Use days/weeks is definitely a need for some projects containing hard or not direct steps.
It would be so handfull to set a start date and a estimated time so that the end date is calculated by itself and then appear in gant etc.
This is one of the basic limitation that is mainly reported by managers in my company.
This need has 11 years, so sad thing have not changed :(