Editing a time entry for a locked user changes the user to the current user
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
Steps to reproduce:
1. Add a time entry for another user (B)
2. Lock that user (B)
3. Edit the time entry
4. Observe that field User is selected with "me".
Saving the time entry, it will lose the user.
Editing a time entry for a locked user changes the user to the current user (#32973).
Patch by Marius BALTEANU.
#3 Updated by Go MAEDA about 1 year ago
Marius BALTEANU wrote:
I see two options to fix this:
1. We don't allow changing the user when the time entry is logged on a locked user.
2. We add the locked user to the list of users.
I think the second option is better because the limitation suggested in option 1 may confuse users. In my opinion, there is no reason to disallow changing the user when the user of the time entry is locked.
#4 Updated by Marius BALTEANU about 1 year ago
- File 0002-Reorder-and-rename-test-added-in-32959.patch added
- File 0001-Allow-editing-a-time-entry-logged-on-a-locked-user.patch added
- Assignee deleted (
Here is the fix for the second option, but I would like a double check on the solution. The second patch renames and reorders the test added in #32959.
All tests pass: https://gitlab.com/redmine-org/redmine/pipelines/116292306