Update jQuery to 3.5.1
|Target version:||Candidate for next major release|
jQuery 2 is end of life and we should update the code to support latest jQuery 3.5.0 (at this time).
#3 Updated by Marius BALTEANU 10 days ago
- File 0002-Fix-cannot-set-property-dragover-of-undefined-jQuery.patch added
- File 0001-Update-jQuery-to-3.5.1-without-jQuery-Migrate.patch added
- Subject changed from Update jQuery to 3.5.0 to Update jQuery to 3.5.1
- Assignee deleted (
Here are two patches that update jQuery to 3.5.1 and fix a problem caused by this change.Because the update can break some plugins, I propose the following plan for this update:
Thank you for working on updating JQuery.
Marius BALTEANU wrote:
Because the update can break some plugins, I propose the following plan for this update:
- Commit the current patches
- Keep this ticket open for one or two months in order to have time to find potential problems generated by the update
- After this period, commit jQuery Migrate
I agree. In order to make enough time to discover and fix issues caused by the update, I think it is better to commit the patches as soon as we can.
Do you think it is OK to commit the patches right now?