Project

General

Profile

Actions

Defect #33402

closed

Receive email problem - inserting unwanted p tags

Added by Andrej Simko almost 4 years ago. Updated 5 days ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Email receiving
Target version:
-
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Resolution:
Invalid
Affected version:

Description

I have problem with receiving emails after upgrading to the latest stable version 4.1.1.

Even if I have setup that email should be parsed as plain text, issues are created with the text and there are unwanted <p> </p> tags even if I setup text formatting to none or textile or markup.

This happens after updating to the version 4.1.1 from 3.4.13.

This is my environment:

Environment:
  Redmine version                4.1.1.stable
  Ruby version                   2.5.3-p105 (2018-10-18) [x86_64-linux]
  Rails version                  5.2.4.2
  Environment                    production
  Database adapter               Mysql2
  Mailer queue                   ActiveJob::QueueAdapters::AsyncAdapter
  Mailer delivery                smtp
SCM:
  Subversion                     1.9.5
  Mercurial                      4.8.2
  Cvs                            1.12.13
  Bazaar                         2.8.0
  Git                            2.20.1
  Filesystem                     
Redmine plugins:
  issue_color_label              0.1
  localizable                    0.4.0
  redmine_agile                  1.5.3
  redmine_checklists             3.1.16
  redmine_ckeditor               1.2.3
  redmine_contacts               4.3.0
  redmine_contacts_helpdesk      4.1.8
  redmine_contacts_invoices      4.2.3
  redmine_crm_mailchimp          1.0.4
  redmine_custom_js              0.1.0
  redmine_dmsf                   2.4.2
  redmine_finance                2.1.7
  redmine_per_project_formatting 0.1.0
  redmine_products               2.1.2
  redmine_questions              1.0.2
  redmine_reporter               1.0.3
  redmine_silencer               0.4.1
  redmine_smile_togglesidebar    1.0.7
  redmine_theme_changer          0.4.0
  redmine_zenedit                1.0.3

I receive emails from gmail.

This is a test email:

safsad sa

 f

fdsa

a

fdsa

fsd

as

This is a issue created:

<p>safsad sa</p>

<p> f</p>

<p>fdsa</p>

<p> </p>

<p>a</p>

<p>fdsa</p>

<p>fsd</p>

<p> </p>

<p>as</p>

Can somebody help me where could be a problem?

Actions #1

Updated by Andrej Simko almost 4 years ago

I forgot to mention, that even I have setup email receiving for plain text, if I debug the code, it always handle it with html_body_to_text function in mail_handler.rb ... but I dont know where to look else for now.

Actions #2

Updated by Gaël CORDON over 3 years ago

Hello Андрей Севастьянов

did you manage to figure out what was wrong.
I've got exactly the same issue.

Environment:
Redmine version 4.1.1.stable
Ruby version 2.5.5-p157 (2019-03-15) [x86_64-linux-gnu]
Rails version 5.2.4.2
Environment production
Database adapter Mysql2
Mailer queue ActiveJob::QueueAdapters::AsyncAdapter
Mailer delivery smtp
SCM:
Git 2.20.1
Filesystem
Redmine plugins:
additionals 2.0.23
easy_mindmup 1.0
easy_wbs 1.5
redmine_ckeditor 1.2.3
redmine_contacts 4.3.0
redmine_contacts_helpdesk 4.1.8
redmine_dashboard 2.7.1
redmine_messenger 1.0.6
redmine_monitoring_controlling 0.1.1
redmine_my_page 0.1.13

Actions #3

Updated by Go MAEDA over 3 years ago

Is the issue reproducible without plugins?

Actions #4

Updated by Dimitar (RedmineUP) about 1 year ago

Dear Andrej,

This is Dimitar from the RedmineUP Support Team.

I see that you have the full-stack bundle of RedmineUP.

So, could you please contact our support team at ? And our support engineers will help you investigate the situation that you reported.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Dimitar from the RedmineUP Support Team

Andrej Simko wrote:

I have problem with receiving emails after upgrading to the latest stable version 4.1.1.

Even if I have setup that email should be parsed as plain text, issues are created with the text and there are unwanted <p> </p> tags even if I setup text formatting to none or textile or markup.

This happens after updating to the version 4.1.1 from 3.4.13.

This is my environment:
[...]

I receive emails from gmail.

This is a test email:
[...]

This is a issue created:
[...]

Can somebody help me where could be a problem?

Actions #5

Updated by Akos Szabo 8 days ago

EDIT:
I had removed redmine_ckeditor and everything works fine!

Hello,

I have the same problem, did you solve it?
Environment:
Environment:
Redmine version 5.0.7.stable
Ruby version 3.0.0-p0 (2020-12-25) [x86_64-linux]
Rails version 6.1.7.6
Environment production
Database adapter Mysql2
Mailer queue ActiveJob::QueueAdapters::AsyncAdapter
Mailer delivery smtp
Redmine settings:
Redmine theme Default
SCM:
Subversion 1.7.14
Git 1.8.3.1
Filesystem
Redmine plugins:
redmine_agile 1.6.6
redmine_checklists 3.1.22
redmine_ckeditor 1.2.4
redmine_email_attachments 0.2.0
redmine_people 1.6.5

Actions #6

Updated by Holger Just 5 days ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • Resolution set to Invalid

Thanks for the feedback. I'm closing this issue as it was not caused by Redmine.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF