The Redmine shared online demo at https://demo.redmine.org is displaying an error message. The connection seems to both failing and unsecured. The attached screenshots show this error message.
Below is the same as above. But with details if you're interested in those.
Steps to reproduce:
- Using a modern internet browser. Such as https://mozilla.org/firefox v102 or Chromium v106. Go to https://www.redmine.org/#Online-demo
- Click on the link http://demo.redmine.org/
- This error message is display. This is the challenge.
Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to demo.redmine.org. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
Possible cause of this challenge
- Outdated SSL certificate
Maybe the SSL certificate is an old version. For example, TLS v1.0 or v1.1. Which are no longer accepted by most browsers. So the connection fails. Then this error message is display.
- Expired SSL certificate
Maybe the SSL certificate is expired
- No SSL certificate
Maybe the server is configured to require an SSL certificate. But somehow none are presently configured properly.
What I tried that did not work:
- Using the browser, deactivate all contributed modules
- Temporarily allow unsecured connection
- Try different browser. Firefox, Chromium, Tor Browser
- Use this free, secured, and very popular https://letsencrypt.org SSL certificate. Which can automatically renew itself to any future new version of TLS.
Updated by Francewhoa (Francois Carpentier) about 1 year ago
I believe we found the cause of this challenge. http://demo.redmine.org does not presently support secured connection (HTTPS). To resolve this challenge, user need to: