Project

General

Profile

Actions

Defect #39743

closed

Missing filter fields

Added by Eve Bo 3 months ago. Updated 3 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Filters
Target version:
-
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Resolution:
Invalid
Affected version:

Description

We see multiple filters are missing a field that requires a target.


Files

Actions #1

Updated by Mischa The Evil 3 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs feedback

More info is needed to triage this issue. Is this occurring for newly added filters (only) or on pre-existing (saved) custom queries? Any error-logs (back- and frontend)? Cleared your (browser-) caches? See also Submissions#Submitting-a-Bug.

Actions #2

Updated by Eve Bo 3 months ago

The problem is occurring on pre-existing queries, since we upgraded to the version 5.1.0.

It's everyone in the company having the same problem, but I deleted all caches to make sure the problem was not us.
I'm sorry, I just started this job and it's my first time reporting a problem.

Is there anything I can look for in the logs to see what the problem is?
We do use another theme for Redmine, I'll try to remake the server in a virtual machine and see if the problem persists.

Actions #3

Updated by Mischa The Evil 3 months ago

Eve Bo wrote in #note-2:

The problem is occurring on pre-existing queries, since we upgraded to the version 5.1.0.

I was afraid of that already.

Is there anything I can look for in the logs to see what the problem is?
We do use another theme for Redmine, I'll try to remake the server in a virtual machine and see if the problem persists.

Well, the theme seems not-yet compatible with 5.1.x1 which could be the cause of this. Can you try using the default theme? You can configure it at "Administration" > "Settings" > "Display" tab > "Theme".
Regardless, if this is just a front-end issue, you can check for any javascript warnings/errors using the browsers development tools.

1 https://www.redmineup.com/pages/themes/circle#requirements

Actions #4

Updated by Mischa The Evil 3 months ago

  • Assignee set to Go MAEDA
@Go MAEDA: I've just had a second look at this and I'm more and more thinking this is actually a back-end core Redmine issue due to the issue query filter type change applied in r22240. Go MAEDA: Can you take a look into this? If it is indeed, we need to fix it and release it with a high priority as it then will affect (i.e. making them unusable) all (saved) custom issue queries that includes filters on all the following issue attributes:
  • tracker
  • priority
  • assigned_to
  • fixed_version
  • category

Note: don't be fooled by OP's screenshot with the marking on the status filter as the "Open" operator of that filter doesn't have any values. As such does OP's screenshot confirm my suspicion...

Actions #5

Updated by Eve Bo 3 months ago

I checked with the default theme but the issue persists. Hope this information helps you

Actions #6

Updated by pasquale [:dedalus] 3 months ago

I cannot reproduce this issue nor with default theme and nor with custom theme (purplemine2). Maybe Is originated by some plugin? Could you try without plugins? I'm on mySql database.

Actions #7

Updated by Go MAEDA 3 months ago

I reproduced the problem in Redmine 5.1 by using application.js for Redmine 5.0.

1. An old application.js may be cached. Try super reloading in your web browser: https://www.howtogeek.com/672607/how-to-hard-refresh-your-web-browser-to-bypass-your-cache/#how-to-perform-a-hard-refresh-in-your-browser
2. If super reloading does not fix the problem, check whether public/javascripts/application.js is properly updated for Redmine 5.1. The file for 5.1 should contain the keywords "list_with_history" and "list_optional_with_history".

$ grep with_history public/javascripts/application.js
  case "list_with_history":
  case "list_optional_with_history":
Actions #8

Updated by Mischa The Evil 3 months ago

  • Assignee changed from Go MAEDA to Eve Bo

@Go & @Pasquale: thanks for looking into this. I'm more reassured now that this is not the big issue I feared it could be...

pasquale [:dedalus] wrote in #note-6:

[...] Maybe Is originated by some plugin? Could you try without plugins? [...]

That is a good advice for the OP. FWIW: The used "redmine_agile" plugin version (1.6.5) is already confirmed to be outdated and incompatible with 5.1.x (see its page in the plugin directory, 1.6.6 is released recently).

Go MAEDA wrote in #note-7:

I reproduced the problem in Redmine 5.1 by using application.js for Redmine 5.0. [...]

That is indeed what I expected at first glance too. I'll leave it to the OP to look into that (and the plugins), so I'll reassign this issue back to Eve.

Actions #9

Updated by Eve Bo 3 months ago

Hi everyone!

I just remade our server in VirtualBox and with updating the plugins, the problem is gone.
Thank you all so much for your work!
I'll be updating our live server on Wednesday and I'll let you know if the problem is resolved.

Actions #10

Updated by Eve Bo 3 months ago

Problem is fixed!
It was indeed the application.js file. Fixed it by copying the file from my VM to my server running Redmine and after reloading, the issue was fixed.
Thanks for all the help!

Actions #11

Updated by Go MAEDA 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Needs feedback to Closed
  • Assignee deleted (Eve Bo)
  • Resolution set to Invalid

Thank you for reporting that the problem has been resolved.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF