Set assignee on category change
1. File a new issue (leave the issue category empty)
2. update the issue and select an issue category
It is expected to see the assignee field to be changed automatically with the one specified in issue category. But it turns out that the assignee remains empty.
- Tracker changed from Defect to Feature
- Subject changed from Update issue category will not get assignee updated to Set assignee on category change
Actually, the current behaviour is to set the assignee automatically on issue creation only, as requested in #382. This is also described in the guide.
Thanks for the reply, and it would be nice if we can add the feature because the testers sometimes forgot to select the category and will try to update it later, but developers got no email notification.
- Has duplicate Defect #18393: issue assigning does not work when users change issue "Category" added
- Has duplicate Feature #12214: Category change should cause assignee change added
- Related to Defect #20429: Tracker with assignee field disabled, Is getting assigned with Assignee through Category added
- Related to deleted (Defect #20429: Tracker with assignee field disabled, Is getting assigned with Assignee through Category)
- Has duplicate Defect #20429: Tracker with assignee field disabled, Is getting assigned with Assignee through Category added
#20429 says if assignee field is disabled, no change of assignee in issue updating is confusing.
- Related to Defect #23394: Auto-assign on category selection does not work when assignee is a required field added
Also available in: Atom