Move issue attributes to their own section in issue page
- to implement a collapse/expand feature (#29034)
- to make the issue page more structured and more easily to read/scan
- to allow in the future more improvements, like a sticky issue bar
#7 Updated by Marius BALTEANU almost 2 years ago
The patch must be applied after #29033.
#11 Updated by Go MAEDA about 1 year ago
- File move-issue-attributes-to-their-own-section-v2.patch added
- File firstname.lastname@example.org added
- Target version set to 4.1.0
I have updated the patch to change the section name from "Attributes" from "Fields". It is consistent with the terms already used in Redmine such as "standard fields", "custom fields", and "fields permission".
Marius, is that OK with you?
#12 Updated by Marius BALTEANU about 1 year ago
You're right, in the administration area all of them are fields (standard, custom), but in the issue page, the fields are displayed based on different criteria.
In a scenario with all types of custom fields, the issue page will have the following sections:
1. All standard fields excepting description + All custom fields excepting full-width custom fields
2. Description (standard field)
4. Full width custom fields
6. Related issues
Besides 5 and 6, all of them are fields. At the same time, if we look in the edit issue mode, we will see that the label used there is "Change details" and not "Change fields" or "Change attributes". So, I don't know what to say about which label should we use.
Another concern is related to Jean-Philippe comment added to the collapsable sidebar (#21808#note-29) where he said " I'd prefer not to add this to the core. I find it awkward to toggle some part of the UI. " and the final scope of this change is to implement a toggle mechanism for issue sections (#29034).
Even if I'm the author of this ticket, with all of these in mind, I'm more in favour of getting more feedback on this (at least from Jean-Philippe) because without a toggle mechanism, this ticket is not a real improvement.