Author of issue is listed at assignee drop box
|Category:||Permissions and roles|
The issue author that has role with disabled "Issues can be assigned to this role" is still listed at Assignee dropbox (while editing the issue).
#1 Updated by VD DV over 2 years ago
- File 1. Role.jpg added
- File 2. project_users_and_roles.jpg added
- File 3. assigning user that has no rights to be assigned to.jpg added
- File 4. assignment done.jpg added
This defect allows to assign issue to user that is not permitted to have issued assigned to him.
#3 Updated by VD DV over 2 years ago
I think that is not OK. If role does not permit user to have issues assigned to him, the role settings should be respected.
Look at this scenario:
- The reporter (user that should not have issues assigned to him) creates the issue.
- The developer (another user) is assigned through category (as default assigner for that category) of that issue.
- The developer changes status of that issue, and reasigns the issue to the reporter (by chance)
- The reporter updates the issue (the issue that is unfortunately assigned to him),
- That issue remains assigned to reporter after update.
That is wrong, especialy when the reporter have no ability to set assigner (remember that the issue is set through category defined assigner).
Even more serious is that, if reporter updates the issue, no email notification will ever come to initial assigner (developer) to further work on that issue. The developer will never know that issue is lost out of his sight.
Is there possibility to override or disable current unwanted behaviour?
#9 Updated by Simon Hori about 1 year ago
I found this post since we also noticed this "feature" has been making communication troubles in our organization.
It may be useful in some case according from the ticket (almost 10 years ago though), but from our point of view, we can’t even think of a reason why it is possible to assign a ticket to someone who can’t even see it.
We hope that the design is re-considered and make it optional in the project Settings page.
Thank you for your consideration!