Editing time entries should show the person involved
I'm currently running the trunk version of 30/8 and I'm working on an evaluation of a project based on the time-tracking features of Redmine. Now I'm cleaning up the activity settings of all the time entries and i noticed that the user involved is not show on the edit form. this is a pain because I've opened all wrongly assigned time entries in a tab, and now I'm not sure who did what and what the correct activity should be. The user is an essential part of the context needed when editing a time entry.
#5 Updated by Marius BALTEANU 25 days ago
- File Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 23.07.39.png added
- Status changed from Closed to Reopened
- Assignee set to Marius BALTEANU
- Target version set to Candidate for next major release
- Resolution deleted (
It's implemented only for users with permission to log time for other users. I think we can add an read only field also for users without permissions.
#9 Updated by Marius BALTEANU 19 days ago
- File 0001-Show-time-entry-user-info-in-edit-page-also-for-user.patch added
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version changed from Candidate for next major release to 4.1.1
#10 Updated by Kevin Fischer 11 days ago
Patch looks good to me!
By the way: When I looked at the current behaviour I was thinking:
Wouldn't it be convenient if the User of each time entry was also displayed in the link text of each time entry on the top? It would address the same problem as in the original post...
I added a potential patch for that...