Custom fields presentation - Group custom fields in section / panel
When a project / tracker has an important number of custom fields, the issue presentation (when creating / visualizing) is "flat" making it difficult to follow. Having the possibility to group some custom fields in sections / panel will improve readability and user experience. An example of presentation is given in the attached file.
Updated by Dipan Mehta over 9 years ago
Add related #11361
Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 9 years ago
- Related to Feature #11361: Custom Field Groups, and User Specific Fields added
Updated by Jaap de Haan about 9 years ago
Maybe another solution is to have horizontal separators + title (sections). It might be simpler to implement like a "dummy" field in the list of custom fields. The separators become visible if any custom field is following and are hidden otherwise. No empty sections are allowed. This would also help increasing readability in the case of big amount of fields.
Updated by Alex Alex almost 8 years ago
Updated by Omar MEZRAG over 7 years ago
Updated by Laurent Girard about 7 years ago
Updated by Shinji Tamura almost 7 years ago
Updated by Alisa M about 6 years ago
- File oRiMapynd0E.jpg oRiMapynd0E.jpg added
- File oJutbtGQguw.jpg oJutbtGQguw.jpg added
- File custom_field_layout_editing.diff custom_field_layout_editing.diff added
Maybe this patch can be useful.
It adds new tab to settings, allows to move custom fields and separate(or not separate) them with blank divs.
Updated by Mischa The Evil almost 2 years ago
- Related to Feature #35281: [Meta] (Issues) Custom (and Standard) Fields Grouping and Positioning added