Default assignee in issue categories doesn't work for groups
In project settings->issue categories we can select certain user to be assigned by default for every category. Choosing group instead of user is accepted here, but the group then doesn't get assigned when this category is selected.
We have enabled "Allow issue assignment to groups".
Updated by Marius BALTEANU over 5 years ago
- File category.png category.png added
- File new_issue.png new_issue.png added
- File issue.png issue.png added
- Status changed from Confirmed to Needs feedback
- Assignee set to Alex Stanev
- Enabled 'Allow issue assignment to groups'
- Added group "B Team" to a project with a role that has the permission 'Issues can be assigned to this role'.
- In the 'Issue categories' tab, I've selected 'B Team' as assignee for a category (Recipes as for example).
- Open new issue
- Fill in anything as subject
- Select Recipes as category
- The "B Team" is set as assignee
Updated by Alex Stanev over 5 years ago
I can also confirm it works in 3.4.5 now. Took a quick look over changelogs between 3.4.3 and 3.4.5, but couldn't identify any commits, that would change/fix the behavior. So I attribute this on some wrong configuration from my side.
Thanks to all who looked at it.