Unify and improve cross-project views layout
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
- only accessible by "Projects" link in top menu
- there you have a list of your projects with contextual links which are not really contextual, but lead to other "sections" (view all issues, overall spent time, overall activity)
- when you click on one of those links the layout changes completely : no more contextual links, you have heterogeneous sidebars
- you cannot go to an other of the first "sections" without re-clicking on "Projects" at the top (or doing an "Previous page" in the browser to go back there..)
- a tiny (but maybe unrelated) annoying thing for me : when you don't have any project using time tracking module, you should not see "Overall spent time" link anywhere
Imho it's a notable usability defect if you need those cross-project informations. I leave a patch where I just modified views and added a "cross-sidebar", which should be displayed on each of those pages. It's not perfect at all (maybe to much "h3" sections for instance..). Consider it as a possible start point for the discussion.
Let me know what you think.
Use the main menu for project related actions that support cross-project display.
#1 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 10 years ago
- File cross_project_menu.png added
there you have a list of your projects with contextual links which are not really contextual, but lead to other "sections" (view all issues, overall spent time, overall activity)
I agree, but I think it would make sense to display a cross-project menu rather than links in the sidebar:
#4 Updated by Go MAEDA almost 4 years ago
- File cross-project-menu-r15983.png added
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Target version set to 3.4.0
#10 Updated by Daniel Fehrle almost 2 years ago
We use Redmine with your "better crossprojects"-plugin and have projects with a large number of child projects. We would like to be able to collapse them.
Is that something that can be added? How much would it cost?
Please contact me: email@example.com